Alyssa Healy is an Australian cricketer who is widely regarded as one of the best female wicket-keepers and opening batters in the sport.
Below is a detailed biography of Alyssa Healy:
- Full Name: Alyssa Jean Healy
- Date of Birth: March 24, 1990
- Age: As of my last update in October 2023, she would have been 33 years old.
Alyssa Healy was born in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, into a cricket-loving family. Her uncle, Ian Healy, is a former Australian cricketer and one of the most accomplished wicket-keepers in the history of the sport. This family connection and her early exposure to cricket played a significant role in her own cricketing journey.
Alyssa Healy attended Barker College in Sydney, Australia. She combined her education with her passion for cricket, and her talent on the field became evident from a young age.
Alyssa Healy made her debut for the Australian women’s cricket team in 2010. She is known for her aggressive style of play and her ability to adapt to different formats of the game, including Test, One Day International (ODI), and Twenty20 (T20) cricket.
Notable achievements and aspects of her career include:
- Wicket-keeping: Alyssa Healy is celebrated for her exceptional wicket-keeping skills, which are often compared to her uncle’s, Ian Healy. Her agility behind the stumps and quick reflexes have made her a vital asset for the Australian team.
- Batting: She is primarily an opening batter in limited-overs cricket and has consistently been among the top run-scorers for the Australian team. Her aggressive batting style and ability to provide quick starts have been crucial in the team’s success.
- World Cup Wins: Alyssa Healy has been a part of the Australian team’s multiple World Cup victories. Notably, she played an essential role in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup triumphs in 2018 and 2020.
- Records: She has set numerous records, including the highest individual score by an Australian woman in a T20I (148*), which she achieved against Sri Lanka in October 2019.
Husband and Children
Alyssa Healy is married to Mitchell Starc, a prominent Australian cricketer who is known for his exceptional fast-bowling skills. The couple’s relationship is often seen as a power couple in the cricketing world. There was no publicly available information about Alyssa Healy having any children.
Alyssa Healy Parents and Siblings
Alyssa Healy comes from a family with a strong cricketing background. Here’s some information about her parents and siblings:
- Greg Healy (Father): Alyssa’s father, Greg Healy, is a former Australian cricketer who played as a lower-order batsman and wicket-keeper. He represented Australia in three One Day Internationals (ODIs) during the 1988-89 season.
- Maree Healy (Mother): Alyssa’s mother, Maree Healy, does not have a prominent public profile in the world of cricket, but she has supported Alyssa’s cricketing career.
Alyssa Healy has a brother and a cousin with notable cricketing connections:
- Mitchell Healy (Brother): Alyssa’s brother, Mitchell Healy, is also involved in cricket, but he is not a professional cricketer. He has been supportive of Alyssa’s career and has occasionally been seen at her matches.
- Ian Healy (Cousin): Ian Healy, who is Alyssa’s cousin, is one of the most renowned Australian wicket-keepers in cricket history. He had a long and successful international cricket career, representing Australia in both Tests and ODIs. His skills behind the stumps have been highly regarded, and he is considered a legend of the game.
These family connections to cricket have undoubtedly played a role in shaping Alyssa Healy’s passion for and success in the sport.
Net Worth and Salary
Alyssa Healy’s net worth is estimated at $2 million and her salary is around $300k – $500k per year. Cricketers’ earnings can vary widely based on contracts, endorsements, and other factors.
Alyssa Healy’s height is approximately 5 feet 6 inches (168 cm).
Here are some key career stats for Alyssa Healy:
- In ODIs (One Day Internationals), she has scored over 2,000 runs and has taken numerous catches and stumped batsmen.
- In T20Is (Twenty20 Internationals), she has been a prolific run-scorer and has taken many dismissals behind the stumps.
- She has consistently been among the top-ranked T20 batters in the world.