Ricky Martin, who was accused of having a romantic relationship with his nephew, has called the last few weeks of his life a traumatic and painful experience.
Allegations that the 50-year-old musician had a sexual relationship with his 21-year-old nephew had previously been vigorously refuted by the artist’s attorneys.
After his nephew requested to have the accusations dropped, the judge dismissed a restraining order against the artist on Thursday.
Opening up about the entire scandal for the first time, Martin in a video said, “I’m in front of the cameras today because I really need to talk in order for me to start the healing process. For two weeks I was not allowed to defend myself because I was following a procedure where the law obligated me not to talk until I was in front of a judge.”
“Thank God these claims were proven to be false but I’m going to tell you the truth. It has been so painful. It has been devastating for me, my family, my friends. I don’t wish this upon anybody,” he added.
He added that he wishes the said nephew who falsely accused him all the best in life.
“To the person that was claiming this nonsense, I wish him the best and I wish he finds the help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy and that he doesn’t hurt anyone else”